Cost per recipe $13.64 view details
- 2 lb Pomfret (I've done it with
- Â Â Pomfret It's s -- fish
- 2 can Coconut lowfat milk
- Â Â pn Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 med Onions
- 1 x 5-cm piece of ginger
- 6 x Green chilies
- 4 lrg Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Butter (ghee is better)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Â Â (optional)
- 1. Chop onions and tomatoes.
- 2. Make a paste of the turmeric, cumin, ginger and chillies.
- 3. Clean and cut the fish into sensible pcs.
- 1. Heat the butter/ghee. Put in the onions, tomatoes and the spice-paste.
- Fry for 15 min.
- 2. Add in the salt and one can of coconut lowfat milk. Cook for five min.
- 3. Put in the fish. Mix well and then put the vinegar and the last can of coconut lowfat milk.
- 4. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Serve with rice. The garnishing is strictly optional and to taste. Garnish with coriander leaves, onion and tomato slices and lemon wedges.
- Author's Notes: This is from the Taj at Madras and if desired fish and coconut, absolutely delicious.
- The same recipe can be done with chicken and lamb as well. The original recipe called for one fresh grated coconut or possibly 2 \)12 c. of dessicated coconut. The lowfat milk of the coconut is extracted in two stages and are added in place of the cans of lowfat milk in the recipe above. The coconut is added in the ghee with the onions and the spice paste in the initial frying stage to make a richer gravy.
- Difficulty : rather high. Precisionmeasure ingredients.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2060g|
|Calories from Fat 2591||59%|
|Total Fat 307.81g||385%|
|Saturated Fat 262.53g||1050%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 423.04g||113%|
|Dietary Fiber 54.7g||182%|