Early spring-time soup wonderful in taste, aroma and ingredients
Easy suggestion: you can make the soup ahead, only without tortellini. Cool and refrigerate until needed. Cook tortellini separately, then add to the heated soup.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 100g fresh fennel bulb, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme or ½ tbs chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 600-700ml water
- 50-100g kale, chopped
- ½ cup canned cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 100g fresh cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage, onion, garlic, fennel, thyme and red pepper and sauté about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and the sausage is brown.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in kale and tortellini, simmer 6-8 minutes until pasta is almost al dente (do not overcook).
- Add cannellini beans, reduce the heat and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 243g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||42%|
|Total Fat 7.73g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.91g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.18g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|