Not sure what made us create this colorful, fiber rich, salad but we love, love, love, it and have enjoyed it several days in a row! It’s chock full of great, skinny, satisfying ingredients. It not only contains chopped romaine lettuce instead of iceberg and a lean bacon, it also has chopped bell peppers, black beans, fresh corn cut off the cob and crunchy crushed reduced-fat tortilla chips. In addition we’re tossing it in a yummy reduced-fat cilantro dressing. The skinny for one serving is 283 calories, 7.9g fat, 9 grams of fiber and 8 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. If made with all regular ingredients, one serving has 616 calories and 45 calories.
- 12 strips, Oscar Meyer Center Cut Bacon
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob (~2 small cobs)
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cleaned cored and chopped
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red onions, chopped fine
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat tortilla chips (~18 chips)
- Â½ cup Trader Joeâs Reduced-Fat Cilantro Salad Dressing or make our recipe for Dreamy Skinny Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- To cook the bacon-place on a microwave-safe plate two sheets of paper towels. Lay on top of paper towels 6 slices of bacon in a single layer. Lay another 2 sheets of paper towels on top of bacon. Cook in microwave until crisp (~ 4 to 5 minutes). Blot the cook pieces and set side. Repeat the steps with remaining 6 pieces, using more paper towels.
- In a large bowl add the chopped romaine, tomatoes, corn, peppers, beans, onions, and tortilla chips. Crumble in the cooked bacon.
- In a small bowl mix together the dressing and honey. Add dressing to salad and toss well. Add a little more dressing, if desired.
- Or, line each plate with lettuce. Divide and place all the ingredients in rows on top of lettuce, as shown in our photo. Serve with dressing on the side.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 327g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 126||25%|
|Total Fat 14.05g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.72g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 82.01g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.6g||45%|