Cost per recipe $6.28 view details
- 2 racks baby back ribs, whole but cracked
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 c. hickory chips
- 2 c. pico de gallo (fresh vege salsa)
- Rub racks of ribs on both sides with Special Dry Rub; let stand at room temperature 30 min or possibly chill up to 8 hrs, allowing meat to return to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place racks of ribs in one layer on wire rack in large shallow roasting pan. Pour 1/2 inch of water into pan; place pan carefully in oven. Bake 1 hour till ribs are no longer pink in center. Or possibly place ribs in 3-qt microwave baking dish, meaty side down and overlapping as necessary; cook, covered with wax paper, on high (100%) 5 min.
- Rearrange ribs but keep meaty side down. Reduce heat to medium (70%); cook, covered, 40 min longer, rearranging ribs again after 20 min.
- Meanwhile, start fire in grill. Soak hickory chips in cool water to cover at least 30 min.
- When coals are white-warm, drain chips; scatter over coals. Place grill rack 6 inches over coals; arrange ribs on rack. Cook 6 to 7 min on each side till ribs are lightly charred and cooked through.
- Heat barbecue sauce. Cut racks of ribs into individual pcs; arrange on serving platter, spooning some of warm sauce over. Serve accompanied by remaining barbecue and Pico de Gallo. Makes 4 servings.
- You can also finish ribs in oven, before adding rub to ribs, brush with mix of 2 tsp. hickory flavored natural liquid smoke and 1 Tbsp. water; marinate as directed. Cook in oven as directed, then heat broiler; broil ribs, 4 to 6 inches from heat source, 3 to 5 min. Serve as directed.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 776g|
|Calories from Fat 324||24%|
|Total Fat 35.96g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 3.17g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 236.5g||63%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.0g||30%|