Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 bag (8 ounces) of black-eyed peas
- 1 bunch of fresh kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Soak the black-eyed peas according to the package directions. Preferably overnight.
- In a large saute pan or skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, black-eyed peas and the kale. Cover and cook for about 12 minutes or until the kale is reduced.
- Stir in the smoked paprika and mix well. Allow to cook another 5 minutes or until the kale is tender.
- Add sea salt, ground pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Serve over brown rice or as a stand-alone dish with biscuits and fresh fruit.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 93g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||37%|
|Total Fat 7.34g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.07g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.12g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|