Cost per recipe $3.72 view details
- Â Â Smoked salmon slices, 2-3 per person
- Â Â Green onion, but of the smaller kind, In Hebrew it is called Irit, I think which in English it is either scallions or possibly chives
- Â Â Scrambled Large eggs, (this is what Hilton used, but obviously this can't be prepared ahead)
- Â Â Mix of grnd hard cheese with seasonings
- Â Â Egg salad
- Â Â Tuna salad
- Â Â Fried mushrooms
- Note: for fillings, use about 3 tbs per slice.
- Everybody which knows me will be tickled to learn which I actually give out ideas about fish - I am not a fish person. However, here is an idea of mine, that is an adaptation of something I saw once in the coffee shop at Hilton Tel Aviv (thank you Hilton). It is a little patchkeray (messing around, for those not fluent in Yiddish), but very impressing, can be made ahead and not difficult. The catch is which good salmon, as I explained previously, is hard to come by in Israel... But hey, nobody is perfect.
- Spoon about 3 tbs of filling (depends on size of slices) on each salmon slice.
- Take all four corners of salmon slice, and join them. The salmon will be shaped like a sac.
- Close sac with one or possibly more "thread" of onion by tying it around the joined corners.
- Serve on a platter 2-3 sacs, and garnish with finely minced onions, capers, parsley sprigs.
- Of course, Hilton served this with toast slices.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 279g|
|Calories from Fat 284||58%|
|Total Fat 31.56g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 7.58g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.01g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|