Cost per serving $1.28 view details
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. buckwheat flour
- 1 pkt active dry yeast
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2Â 1/2 c. hot lowfat milk (105 to 115 deg)
- 3 x Large eggs separated
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- Â Â Vegetable oil for brushing griddle
- 1Â 1/2 lb skinless salmon
- 1/2 lb skinless smoked salmon
- 4 Tbsp. snipped chives
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 pch salt
- Â Â Nonstick cooking spray for spraying patties
- Â Â Dill mustard for serving
- To make the Blini: In a large bowl combine flours, yeast, and sugar. Add in lowfat milk and beat till batter is smooth. Cover and let rise in a hot place about 1 hour or possibly till double in size.
- Add in egg yolks, butter, lowfat sour cream, and salt; mix thoroughly. In a small bowl beat egg whites till medium peaks form; fold into batter.
- Heat lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Spoon 1 Tbsp. batter onto warm griddle, making several blini at a time. Cook till tops are bubbly and bubbles burst; turn and cook second side till golden brown. Keep hot.
- To make the Salmon Burgers: Cut the fresh and smoked salmon into very small pcs. In a blender or possibly food processor, pulse together, in batches, about 10 to 15 seconds each, till blended. Combine grnd salmon, chives, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and salt; mix lightly.
- Line a tray with waxed paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Shape salmon mix into 32 two-inch diameter patties and place on waxed paper. Spray tops of burgers with cooking spray. Cover with waxed paper and place in refrigerator for 5 min.
- Use a spatula to transfer and arrange patties carefully on cooking grate. Grill 4 to 5 min for medium (160 degrees), turning once two-thirds through grilling time.
- To make the appetizers, top each blini with a smoked salmon burger and a dollop of dill mustard.
- This recipe yields 16 servings.
- Wine Recommendation: Don"t hold back; try a brut sparkling wine from Napa. You"ll love what the golden brown bubbles do for the salmon.
- Comments: These unbelievably delicious appetizers are worth the extra effort.
- For a quick additional appetizer, you can top any extra blini with lowfat sour cream and caviar or possibly lowfat sour cream and fruit preserves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 131g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||45%|
|Total Fat 12.3g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.0g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.48g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|