Cost per serving $2.59 view details
- 2 x Turkey bacon slices
- 16 ounce Skinless boneless chicken breast, 4 - 4 oz pcs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 c. Red onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp Grnd coriander
- 3 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 x Chipotle pepper, diced and liquid removed
- 1 c. Salsa
- 7 ounce Roasted red bell peppers, liquid removed and sliced
- Â Â Minced fresh cilantro, (optional)
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat till crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; crumble and set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Add in chicken to bacon drippings in pan; saute/fry 2 min on each side. Remove chicken from pan. Add in onion, coriander, garlic, and chile to pan; saute/fry 3 min. Stir in salsa and bell peppers.
- Return chicken to pan. Cover and cook over medium heat 12 min or possibly till chicken is done. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon; garnish with cilantro, if you like.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/2 c. sauce).
- NOTES : Serve this dish with flour tortillas, if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 242g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 114||40%|
|Total Fat 12.67g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.68g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 10.61g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|