These smoky wings are wonderful after they are dipped in buffalo wing sauce or bbq sauce and finished in the oven. Serve with celery sticks and a couple of dipping sauces. You can make these on the smoker or use indirect heat on your grill.
- dry rub:
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 wings, trimmed of tips and seperated at the joint.
- 1 cup wing sauce or bbq sauce, or Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce, see recipe below
- hickory or mesquite wood chips in water for the smoker or grill
- Place wings in a bowl or plastic bag with the rub. Toss or shake.
- Place on smoker or indirect heat on grill, and add some wet wood.
- Smoke them for 45 minutes, adding wood every 15 minutes.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss wings with wing sauce or bbq sauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, uncovered, turning once.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 318g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 4||4%|
|Total Fat 0.48g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.35g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|