Cost per recipe $35.79 view details
- 1.75kg pork belly, rind scored
- 4 x 15ml tablespoons tahini
- 4 x 15ml tablespoons soy sauce
- juice 1 lemon
- juice 1 lime
- DirectionsThis is another of those recipes that you can get done in advance and then have the afternoon off, unworried. I have advised an overnight marinade, but if Iâm making this (as I tend to) for Sunday supper, I often prepare it in the morning and leave it in the fridge loosely covered with baking parchment, or midday-ish and leave it uncovered in a cold place (but not the fridge) for a few hours. as per nigella
- Get out a shallow dish in which the scored pork will fit snugly and in it whisk together the tahini, soy sauce, lemon and lime juice.
- Sit the pork on top, skin-side up. You should find the marinade covers the underside and most of the sides, but doesnât touch the rind: thatâs what you want.
- Leave the pork in the fridge to marinate overnight, covered with foil, and then take out to return to room temperature before it goes into the oven. Preheat the oven to 150Â°C.
- Get out a shallow roasting tin and line with foil.
- Transfer the pork to the roasting tin and cook it uncovered for 3Â½ hours, then turn the oven up to 250Â°C and cook for a further Â½ hour to let the skin crisp to crunchy burnished perfection.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1815g|
|Calories from Fat 8057||91%|
|Total Fat 895.57g||1119%|
|Saturated Fat 319.2g||1277%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.05g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|