It only takes a few minutes prep time. I make this several times a month because it's my families favorite. It freezes nicely too. Serve it with some corn bread or on top of pasta, anyway you serve it you will fall in love with this recipe.
- 1 pound of ground turkey meat
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 2 cups of chopped peppers
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes with garlic and basil (drained)
- 3 cans of dark red kidney beans (drained not rinsed)
- 1 large can of tomatoe sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Emirle Original Essence
- salt and pepper to taste
- cook turkey meat in a fry pan until it breaks up easily (It doesn't have to be thoroughly cooked because the meat will finish cooking in the slow cooker).
- Drain turkey meat and toss in a slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3.
- Serve over baked potatoes, or with baked tortilla chips or alone in a bowel (sprinkle some low fat shredded cheddar cheese for some extra yum).
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 541g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||20%|
|Total Fat 11.09g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.97g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.2g|
|Total Carbs 74.99g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.3g||84%|