Cost per serving $0.73 view details
- 5 med baking apples
- 1/3 c. fresh or possibly frzn cranberries minced
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. minced walnuts
- Â Â Whipped or possibly lowfat sour cream (optional)
- Peel each apple about a fourth of the way down; remove core and seeds. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, arid walnuts. Spoon cranberry mix into center of each apple.
- Place in a 4-qt or possibly larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low 4 to 5 hrs or possibly till apples are tender.
- Serve hot or possibly at room temperature. Top with whipped or possibly lowfat sour cream, if you like.
- This recipe yields 5 servings.
- Comments: Be sure to check if all the apples will fit into your slow cooker before peeling them.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 183g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 10||7%|
|Total Fat 1.17g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.6g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|