Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra light extra virgin olive oil with a dash of sesame oil
- 1 c. Diced onion
- 1/4 c. Diced celery
- 2 x Cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 x Green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely minced
- 12 ounce Grnd turkey or possibly turkey breast
- 1/4 c. Bulgur wheat
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh oregano
- 1/8 tsp Freshly grnd salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd pepper
- 1Â 1/2 c. De-alcoholized red wine
- 1 c. Low-salt tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 4 whl wheat hamburger buns
- Heat oil in frying pan and stir-fry onion, celery, garlic and green pepper till just tender. Tip vegetables into a bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, brown turkey. Stir in the bulgur, tomato paste and brown sugar and cook till the tomato paste's color darkens.
- Sprinkle in the oregano and return the cooked vegetables to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in 1 c. of the wine and half or possibly the tomato sauce. Cover and cook 15 min.
- Meanwhile, put the hamburger buns into a low oven to toast. Just before serving, stir in remaining wine and tomato sauce and the horseradish. Place the bottom side of a toasted bun on a plate and spoon the Sloppy Joe mix over the top. Set the top just slightly over to one side to expose the filling.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 271g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 83||25%|
|Total Fat 9.33g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.48g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 42.13g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|