We make this Donburi with just the curry powder...then add the chili sauce to each bowl as desired. Our kids like this fine without the chili sauce, and John and I add about a tsp each. This is a warm and delicious meal for fall or winter!
- 8 cups cooked Japanese rice (we use 1/2 brown 1/2 white)
- 10 oz chicken thigh meat
- 2 bell peppers, cut up
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 tsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle liberally with Kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- Grease a frying pan and stir-fry the bell pepper till tender, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil and saute chicken pieces until lightly browned. Sprinkle with curry powder and chili sauce, constantly stirring, and adding back the bell pepper at the end.
- Place hot cooked rice in each serving bowl. Arrange chicken and pepper on top.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 429g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||20%|
|Total Fat 13.14g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.01g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.21g|
|Total Carbs 92.58g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|