Here’s a classic deli sandwich turned into a bite-sized appetizer. I love serving these whenever I’m having company or even as a fun lunch. These little gems are so delicious and simple to make. You can prep them in advance and pop them in the oven, just before serving. Each skinny, mini appetizer is only 61 calories, 2 grams of fat and just 1 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS! Get ready for rave reviews. Everyone loves them!
- â cup Nancyâs Skinny Ranch Dressing or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Â¼ teaspoon paprika
- Ingredients for Reuben
- 1 cocktail loaf of rye bread
- 1 (16 oz) can sauerkraut, drained
- Â½ lb lean pastrami or turkey pastrami, thinly sliced and quartered (see shopping tip)
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut into fourths
- Mustard for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the Thousand Island ingredients.
- For easy clean up, line a cookie sheet with foil. Place 24 cocktail rye on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Spread each piece with 1 teaspoon of Thousand Island Dressing.
- Place one piece of pastrami on top of each.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut on top of that.
- Add a small amount of dressing on top of the sauerkraut.
- Top each with one piece of Swiss cheese.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until cheese is melted. Place on a serving plate with a side dish of mustard, if desired, for dipping. Serve at once.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 31g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||50%|
|Total Fat 2.55g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.51g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.22g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|