Get ready to make the most delicious meatloaf! Very different from a traditional one…It has all the great flavors of Mexican food in 1 skinny loaf. It’s so low in calories and fat thanks to using extra lean ground beef and free forming the loaf on a cookie sheet instead of baking in a loaf pan. Now all the fat oozes out onto the pan instead of staying in the meatloaf. The skinny for a generous 3 slice serving, 215 calories, 4 grams fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 cup red or yellow onions, chopped
- Â½ cup red pepper, chopped
- Â½ cup corn (cut off the cob) or frozen, thawed
- Â½ cup salsa plus Â½ cup for topping, I love Pace Chunky Salsa (medium) or your favorite
- 1 ounce (~â cup) crushed reduced-fat tortilla chips,
- 2 egg whites
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onions, red bell pepper, corn, Â½ cup salsa, crushed tortilla chips, egg whites, and a little pepper. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Place meatloaf mixture in center of cookie sheet and shape into a 12 x 4 inch loaf by hand.
- Spread remaining Â½ cup salsa evenly over the top of loaf. Add more, if desired.
- Bake 1 hour and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into 12 slices.
- Serves 4 (each serving 3 slices)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 195g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 155||56%|
|Total Fat 17.23g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 6.68g||27%|
|Trans Fat 1.07g|
|Total Carbs 8.19g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|