This spectacular Mexican layered casserole is both hearty and healthy. It’s loaded with lean protein from the chicken, reduced-fat cottage cheese and fat-free re-fried beans. The skinny for 1 serving is 239 calories, 3 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- 1Â½ cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup white meat chicken, cooked (boneless, skinless)
- â cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- Â¼ cup (Â½ can) Ortega diced green chilies
- â cup pasta or marinara sauce, from a jar, such as Classico or Prego
- 6 corn tortillas, cut each into four
- 1 (8oz) can fat-free re-fried beans
- â cup salsa (I like Pace Medium Chunky Salsa)
- Â¼ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9â square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the cottage cheese, chicken, corn and green chilies.
- Spread the pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange 2 tortillas (8 pieces) on top of the pasta sauce
- Remove the beans from the can, place in a small bowl and soften in the microwave for easy spreading. Spread the re-fried beans evenly on the tortillas.
- Arrange 2 more tortillas (8 pieces) over the beans.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the tortillas.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the last cut tortillas on top of the casserole.
- Spread the salsa evenly over the tortillas. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly on top.
- Cover the casserole and bake 15 minutes longer. Cool slightly and cut into 6 slices.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 120g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||43%|
|Total Fat 8.69g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3.31g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.95g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|