Heat up the crock pot because I’m sharing my favorite recipe for fabulous pulled pork sandwiches. It’s such an easy recipe to make. I’m starting with tender shredded lean pork that’s been slow-cooked for hours in a sweet and tangy sauce. The secret is using a great tasting barbecue sauce such as my favorite, Sweet Baby Rays. Next, piling the pork onto a whole wheat bun, topped mile high with homemade crunchy slaw. The skinny for each sandwich, including the slaw is 447 calories, 10 grams of fat and 11 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. These are so yummy and terrific for Super Bowl Sunday, tailgate parties, picnics and backyard parties. You can even cook the pork a few days in advance. All that’s left to do, make the crunchy slaw and serve with some good dill pickles (see shopping tip) and you’re ready to go. Make sure to grab a bunch of napkins. You’re are gonna need them!
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 (18 oz) bottle Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce or your favorite
- 1 recipe for Simply Crunchy Slaw
- 12 whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger buns, I used Trader Joeâs Honey Wheat buns
- Cut each piece of pork tenderloin in half, to easily fit in the crock pot.
- Place slices from 1 onion on the bottom of the crock pot. Add all the pork. Cover the pork with the other onion slices.
- Pour Â½ of the bottled barbecue sauce over the top. Cover and cook on high setting for 30 minutes. Turn temperature down to low and cook for about 3 Â½ -4 hours, until itâs easy to shred with a fork.
- Remove the tender pork to a cutting board or plate and shred with a fork. Discard the sauce from the crock pot. In a large bowl, add the shredded pork and remaining barbecue sauce. Toss to coat well. Just before serving, heat shredded pork in microwave before serving.
- To assemble the sandwiches: Heat the buns slightly in the microwave or oven. Mound Â½ cup of pork on bottom of the bun.
- Top with Â½ coleslaw and other half of bun.
- Makes 12 sandwiches (each serving, Â½ cup shredded pork and Â½ cup coleslaw)
- Get the recipe for Simply Crunchy Slaw at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 166g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 28||17%|
|Total Fat 3.14g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.01g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 2.1g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|