I love any kind of Asian noodle dish, especially a Thai one that includes peanut butter. Good news too: Peanut butter is heart healthy. It’s very filling and satisfying when added to a noodle dish. The red pepper flakes add just the right amount of spice. The skinny for each fiber rich serving is 290 calories, 8 grams of fat, 7 grams fiber and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. It’s simply delicious
- 6 ounces whole grain or whole wheat dry spaghetti
- Â¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- Â¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, I used natural, chunky
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon ginger, from a jar, see shopping tip
- Â½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size pieces (1 cup)
- 3 green onions, bias-sliced into Â½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, combine soy sauce, broth, peanut butter, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until peanut butter melts. Add chicken, red bell pepper and green onions. Mix well and continue to cook until chicken is heated. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Divide among 4 plates. If desired, garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Makes 4 servings (~1Â½ cups each serving)
- Shopping tip-Chopped or crushed ginger, in a jar, can be found in the produce section near garlic, in a jar.
- ***For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 136g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||53%|
|Total Fat 12.62g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.33g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 9.47g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|