Inexpensive comfort food dish where you can use left-over chili, or make the easy basic recipe provided from scratch.
Chili mac is basically chili, bell peppers, macaroni, cheese, and beans. Use canned red kidney beans, pintos, ranch-style, or black beans.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2-3 tbs. chopped onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 tbs. Diablo Dust or chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 can drained, rinsed beans
- 14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups your prepared chili (If it has beans, do not add more. If it does not have bell pepper, saute and add.)
- 2 tbs. chopped bell pepper, red or green
- 12 oz. large elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Saute the beef in a skillet with the onion, garlic, bell pepper, drain.
- Add the chile powder, cumin, cilantro, stir.
- Drain the petite diced tomatoes, add the tomato sauce, then the beans, drained and rinsed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover skillet, turn to simmer.
- Cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Cook the macaroni al dente according to package directions, drain, toss with chili.
- Add most of the cheese, combine.
- Turn off heat.
- Put the rest of the cheese on top, cover the skillet, wait 5 minutes, serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 685g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 416||39%|
|Total Fat 46.95g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 22.7g||91%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 86.8g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||31%|