Cost per recipe $10.85 view details
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 12 ounce. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. dark or possibly amber rum
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee pwdr
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. coarsely minced pecans
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- In a 2 qt mixing bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Heat in a microwave oven on high 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 min, till mix is melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in rum, coffee pwdr, brown sugar, Large eggs and flour; mix till smooth and well blended. Stir in 1 c. of the nuts. Turn batter into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 c. nuts on top. Bake 25 to 30 min or possibly till puffed -- pie should still be moist inside. Don't overbake. Let pie cold to room temperature before serving. Top with whipped cream. Serves 8.
- NOTE: If pan is sprayed with vegetable spray rather than greased, pie may stick. White rum worked fine; plenty of color from chocolate and coffee. Pie will be easier to cut and serve if it is completely cold before cutting.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 813g|
|Calories from Fat 2554||72%|
|Total Fat 301.7g||377%|
|Saturated Fat 149.27g||597%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 270.29g||72%|
|Dietary Fiber 66.5g||222%|