A tasty dessert is a perfect end to a delicious dinner. When you are in a hurry, a cake is a dessert that can be prepared in no time and is loved by one and all. And when you can add some nutrition to the cake in the form of bananas, the taste and nutrition will increase two-fold and make you a hit with both children and adults. Given below is a simple and tasty banana coffee cake recipe that you will love to make and eat.
- Items needed for the cake:
- 1 1/4 cups of cake flour
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of softened butter at room temperature
- 1 packed cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Items needed for the frosting:
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- Chopped walnuts and pecans for garnishing
- - Preheat the oven to 350F.
- - Grease a 10-inch baking pan.
- - Mix the banana and sour cream and blend well.
- - In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- - In a mixing bowl, mix the butter, eggs and sugar. Beat well at high speed until the mix is fluffy.
- - Mix the coffee with the water and add to the butter-egg mix.
- - Add the vanilla essence and beat well to get a well incorporated mix.
- - Add the flour mixture to this mix, a little at a time. Beat well after each addition so that there are no lumps in the batter.
- - Pour the batter in the greased baking pan.
- - Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- - Take the cake out of the oven and remove from the pan.
- - Cool on a wire rack before cutting in slices to serve.
- If you have a little time you can even prepare a delicious banana butter cream frosting to go with the cake.
- - Beat the butter and salt in a mixing bowl.
- - Add the vinegar and bananas to the mix and beat some more until smooth.
- - Add the confectioner's sugar to the mix and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- - Place the cake on a serving stand and cover with frosting on all sides.
- - Garnish with chopped walnuts and pecans and let the frosting set for some time before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 363g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 398||31%|
|Total Fat 45.27g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 26.0g||104%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 213.8g||57%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|