Ratatouille is a simple and healthy vegetable dish usually loaded with succulent Mediterranean vegetables. We love how many ways to serve this glorious vegetable dish. Once roasted, you can scramble with eggs, stuff a baked potato or serve as a tasty side to chicken, beef, pork or fish. The possibilities are endless. We’ve made ours skinny by using only a little olive oil and topping with fat-free feta cheese.
Weight Watchers (old points) 1
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 2
SKINNY FACTS: for one serving
94 calories, 3.8g fat, 3g protein,14g carbs, 4g fiber, 236mg sodium, 1g sugar
- Olive oil cookÂing spray
- 5 cups eggÂplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1Â½ cups zucÂchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1Â½ cups yelÂlow squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tableÂspoons extra virÂgin olive oil
- Salt and pepÂper to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- Â½ teaÂspoon dried ItalÂian seasonings
- 3 tableÂspoons fat-free feta cheese
- PreÂheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a large bakÂing pan with olive oil cookÂing spray.
- In a large bowl toss together eggÂplant, zucÂchini, squash and onions with 1Â½ tableÂspoons olive oil.
- Arrange on a bakÂing sheet. Make a litÂtle room on one side of pan and add tomaÂtoes and whole garÂlic cloves. Spray the top tomato mixÂture with a litÂtle olive oil cookÂing spray and toss to coat. SprinÂkle the entire pan with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for about 15â20 minÂutes until the eggÂplant is tender.
- TransÂfer roasted tomaÂtoes and garÂlic to a large bowl and add ItalÂian seaÂsonÂing. Mash together the tomaÂtoes and garÂlic with the back of a spoon. Make sure to break up the garÂlic. Add the roasted vegÂetaÂbles and toss in tomato mixÂture. SeaÂson with more salt and pepÂper, if desired
- TransÂfer into a servÂing dish, if desired. Top with 3 tableÂspoons of fat-free feta cheese. Or, dish out each servÂing and top each with a litÂtle cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 246g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 160||59%|
|Total Fat 17.83g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 5.54g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.43g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|