Perfect to make with leftover eggs...There are dozens of ways to make egg salad but this one is my favorite! I’ve made it skinny by using a combination of eggs and whites, light mayonnaise and adding lots of flavor with the addition of mustard, relish and yes, a pinch of curry powder. Don’t be scared off by the curry powder. It’s such a small amount but really enhances the flavor of the egg salad. I’m also using a very low calorie, high fiber sandwich thin and topping with tomato and spinach. The skinny on this delightful sandwich is 147 calories, 5 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Made with full fat ingredients has 407 calories and 22 grams of fat. This sandwich is so yummy and great to pack for a healthy lunch or even enjoy for breakfast!
- 3 eggs, I like Egglandâs Best eggs or 3 already cooked eggs
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise, I used Best Foods (Hellmanâs) Light
- 2 teaspoon relish
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard-prepared">mustard or yellow mustard-prepared">mustard
- Â¼ teaspoon curry powder, optional
- â teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Oroweat Honey Wheat Sandwich Thins, see shopping tip
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard-prepared">mustard or yellow mustard-prepared">mustard
- 2 large slices of tomato
- Â¼ cup fresh spinach
- To cook eggs-In a small pot, add eggs and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Drain water and place eggs in a bowl of ice water for several minutes. When chilled, peel eggs.
- In a small bowl, using a cheese grater, shred 1 whole egg and 2 whites. Throw away the other 2 yolks or use them in another recipe. Stir in mayonnaise, relish, mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Split open sandwich thins and spread inside of each piece with mustard. Divide the egg salad among 2 pieces. Top each with tomato, spinach and remaining sandwich thin.
- You can heat the sandwich in the microwave before adding the tomato and spinach. It taste really good warmed.
- Shopping Tip-Oroweat Honey Wheat Sandwich Thins can be found in most large supermarkets. One sandwich thin has 100 calories, 1g fat, and 5g fiber. They come in several flavors with the same nutrition facts. Use your favorite. If you canât find them use a whole wheat English muffin for each sandwich.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 226g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||64%|
|Total Fat 13.14g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.93g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.56g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|