Cost per serving $1.70 view details
- 2 16oz loaves of fresh French Bread (we use the Sourdough variety baked fresh at Safeway and other supermarkets).
- 12oz of Trader Joe's tomato-basil marinara (or any high quality marinara sauce)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tsp dried, crushed oregano
- Any other possible toppings you like!
- Preheat oven to 375F or 350F on convection setting.
- Slice the french loaves in half lengthwise (see picture). Turn so that the cut sides are both facing up and place on two baking sheets.
- Spread the marinara equally over each half.
- Cut the ripe tomatoes into small chunks and place evenly on the bread.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on both halves, followed by the parmesan, and finally the oregano.
- Place both the baking sheets in an oven at 375 F and bake for approx. 10 minutes. (I bake at 350 in a convection oven, so I can put the trays on different levels without worrying about uneven cooking.
- Remove the pizza, slice into 2 inch pieces, and serve!
- We serve with a fresh green salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 231g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 112||19%|
|Total Fat 12.6g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.31g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 88.62g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|