Sensationally tender and juicy tasting CHICKEN roast...with only ONE main ingredient...SALT. Practically...effortless. Well, at least as far as the roasted chicken is concerned. Incredibly, the usually less than tender breast meat can be enjoyed with its juicy rendering ;o)
For a detailed post...please refer to:
- . 3 lb. (1.5kg) regular sized Chicken (this recipe gives better results with a small size chicken)
- . 1-1/2 tsp. (7.5ml) sea Salt (adjust upwards...only after the first time you tried it)
- . Olive oil for greasing pan (optional)
- . Note: to increase the level of flavour as well as moistness, it's better to season the chicken the day before or at least for a minimum of 8 hours.
- . > SEASONING the chicken: Season the interior cavity with half the quantity of sea salt as well as rubbing the chicken's skin with the remaining salt. Place the chicken in an airtight plastic bag ...making sure to take out as much air as possible. Place it at back end of the refrigerator.
- . > ROASTING: Pre-heat the oven at 425F/220C/Gas 6-7. Position the rack at the bottom level of oven. Prepare a shallow parchment paper lined pan. Make sure the pan is not that much larger than the chicken itself. Spread a little olive oil on the parchment paper.
- . Place the chicken with its BREAST UP (wing tips tucked in) and bake it for the first 30 minutes. Note: for the chicken to cook at its best...place the feet towards the back of the oven.
- . Take the chicken out of the oven to turn it towards a BREAST DOWN position. BAKE for another 20 minutes. Note: in order not to lose any juices...avoid poking the meat with a fork. Use tools that are more delicate for this handling. Possibly use silicone tip tongs to gently nudge the chicken while picking it up from the cavity and its opposite end.
- . Repeat the last step with the BREAST UP position to BAKE for the last 10 minutes.
- . Once out of the oven, it's best to let it REST uncovered for another 10 minutes as the juices spread uniformly.
- . Voila, that's really all there is to it. Buon appetito and flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com