Cost per serving $1.09 view details
- 500 grams tiger shrimp or prawns of your choice, shell and tail on, deveined
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Two and a half tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon poppy / posto seeds
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4-5 green chilies (I used about six!)
- 2-3 tablespoons mustard oil (No other cooking oil will work. Trust me.)
- Wash and clean the shrimps. In a grinder, make a course powder of the mustard and poppy seeds. Since the quantity is little, its best to do a dry powder first and then add half the quantity of the green chilies and wet grind with a little water. You can also add a little salt and the turmeric powder to this mixture.
- Now add the mustard-poppy seed mixture to the shrimps along with the yogurt and slit green chilies. Add salt (if needed) and drizzle the mustard oil all over the shrimp. Mix well.
- You can either steam this or cook this in the microwave for 10 minutes. Of course covered all the time.
- If you have a pressure cooker, put the shrimps and its sauce in a steel tiffin box, pour a little water at the base of the cooker and cook this till a whistle goes off.
- Else, you can put it in a microwaveable bowl, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- There are no two ways of eating the ShÅrsÄ Diye Chingri Maachh.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 104g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||80%|
|Total Fat 16.77g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 3.86g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.25g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|