A light summer luncheon salad with a yogurt dill dressing. Serve as the main attraction or as a side dish. Substitute light sour cream for the yogurt if you wish, and/or tuna or chicken for the shrimp.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shell pasta (I used whole grain)
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas, cooked as per package directions, then rinsed to cool and drained)
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion (or sliced green onions)
- 1 6-ounce container plain low fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 4.25-ounce cans tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- For Garnish (optional): Red or green leaf lettuce leaves, sliced cheese, tomato wedges or grape tomatoes, lemon wedges and/or parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse to cool and drain well.
- Place pasta in large mixing bowl with peas, celery and onion. For dressing, in a small bowl mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Stir dressing into pasta mixture throroughly. Lightly fold in shrimp.
- Time permitting, cover and chill for 2 hours.
- For luncheon entree servings line individual medium serving plates with lettuce leaves. Scoop a generous one cup of shrimp pasta salad on top of each and garnish with cheese slices, tomatoes, lemon wedge and parsley.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 198g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 129||35%|
|Total Fat 14.59g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.62g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.85g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|