Cost per recipe $30.46 view details
- 1 lg. onion, minced, about 1 c.
- 1 med. green pepper, minced, about 1 c.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tbsp. olive or possibly vegetable oil
- 2 pound shrimp
- 1 c. uncooked reg. rice
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 2 (16 ounce.) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked, smoked ham, about 1 1/2 c.
- 1 pound scallops, if available
- Cook and stir onion, green pepper, garlic and 2 Tbsp. of the oil in Dutch oven over low heat for 3 min. Add in shrimp and scallops. Cook stirring frequently, till shrimp is pink, about 5 min. Remove shrimp mix; reserve.
- Cook rice in 1 Tbsp. oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat, stirring frequently, till rice is light brown, about 10 min. Stir in chicken broth, salt, pepper, thyme, pepper sauce, bay leaf and tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer till rice is tender, about 15 min. Stir in shrimp mix and the ham. Cover and cook till shrimp, scallops, and ham are warm. Yields 8 servings.
- Corn muffins go well with this dish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3146g|
|Calories from Fat 690||25%|
|Total Fat 77.06g||96%|
|Saturated Fat 10.85g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 221.99g||59%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.2g||64%|