Cost per recipe $19.50 view details
- 1 1/2 lbs. raw med. shrimp
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 c. canned plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dry basil or possibly 2 tbsp. finely minced fresh basil
- Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1 tbsp. anchovy paste or possibly 3 fillets, finely minced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry warm red pepper flakes
- 1/2 of a 3 1/2 ounce. bottle capers, liquid removed
- 1 pound spaghetti">linguine or possibly spaghetti
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Rinse and pat dry. Set aside. Heat 2 Tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil in a 3 qt pot; add in half the garlic. Cook briefly but don't let it brown. Add in the tomatoes, half the basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for about a half an hour, stirring frequently, then stir in the anchovy paste or possibly minced anchovies.
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat the remaining oil; add in the shrimp, remaining garlic, remaining basil, and the mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, till the shrimp turn bright pink, about 1 minute. Add in this mix to the tomato-anchovy sauce. Add in the warm peppers, capers, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and serve immediately on the cooked pasta. Serves 6 as a first course, 4 as a main course.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2294g|
|Calories from Fat 657||21%|
|Total Fat 74.53g||93%|
|Saturated Fat 11.28g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 390.07g||104%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.3g||88%|