This is a print preview of "Shortbread" recipe.
This is my favourite recipe for shortbread and is actually scottish!
A firm favourite with all who try it!
|Prep time: 20 minutes
|Cook time: 20-30 minutes
Goes Well With: cup of tea
8oz plain flour (swap 1oz of flour for 1oz of cocoa to make chocolate shortbread -OR double the recipe make half choc & half plain - roll out into sausages & twist choc & plain together to get a lovely yin yang type biscuit!)
4oz icing sugar (sifted)
8oz butter (softened & cut into pieces)
- Put it all mixer in together & mix well.
- OR if by hand mix butter & sugar together and then add flour bit by bit until dough is smooth & pliable.
- You can cut out biscuits/fingers (prick them over), put it in moulds or make rounds. Chill the dough once cut/formed etc for 20 mins - I leave it while the cooker heats up)
- To make it REALLY easy I cut the dough in half and roll out 2 sausages and wrap them in greaseproof like a christmas cracker and then put in the fridge. Once firm I take the dough out & slice into 1cm discs to cook.
- Cook for 20-30 mins on 150C 'til pale golden.