Cost per serving $1.04 view details
- 4 x Thick slices white bread
- 50 gm Unsalted butter
- 1 x 50 grams can red or possibly pink salmon
- 50 gm Smoked salmon, (trimmings is fine)
- 3 Tbsp. Creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp Creamed horseradish, (good quality)
- 1/2 x Lemon, pips removed
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â Fresh dill sprigs, to garnish
- 1 Preheat the grill. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and lightly toast on both sides. Heat the butter in a small pan and immediately remove from the heat.
- 2 Remove any excess skin and bones from the canned salmon and place in a food processor. Add in the smoked salmon, creme fraiche, creamed horseradish and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- 3 Remove the bread from the grill, cut off the crusts and cut in half through the bread and cut into triangles. Put back on the baking sheet, untoasted side up and toast again till lightly browned and curled around the edges.
- 4 Season the salmon mix with plenty of freshly grnd black pepper and whizz for about 10 min.
- 5 With the machine running, slowly pour in the melted butter through the feeder tube, leaving any sediment in the bottom of the pan.
- 6 Spoon the pate into small ramekins set on a plates and garnish each one with a dill sprig. Arrange some of the melba toasts around the side and serve at once.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 108g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 223||61%|
|Total Fat 25.31g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 13.97g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|