Cost per serving $4.04 view details
- 1/2 ounce dry porcini mushrooms
- 3/4 c. warm water
- 2 lb new potatoes, cubed
- 1 x tablepsoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion, diced
- 4 x cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and
- Â Â sliced
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1/8 tsp grnd cayenne
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 c. peas
- 3 c. water
- 3/4 c. polenta, or possibly yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Soak porcinis in warm water for at least an hour. Remove mushrooms from water and, depending on their quality, either throw away or possibly reserve for another use.
- Strain soaking water through cheesecloth, fine sieve or possibly coffee filter. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil roasting pan large sufficient to hold potatoes in one layer. Roast potatoes, stirring once or possibly twice to prevent sticking and to brown proportionately, till tender, about 35 min.
- While potatoes are roasting, heat 1/2 tsp. of oil in nonstick skillet. Add in onions and garlic; saute/fry till the onions are soft. Add in fresh mushrooms, thyme and cayenne; cook till mushrooms soften and shrink to about half their original size, about 15 min.
- In separate skillet, heat remaining oil. Make a roux by adding flour and stirring till flour begins to brown. Add in porcini water and mushroom mix to the roux; cook till liquid reduces by about a third, about 5 min.
- Remove potatoes from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Combine mushroom mix, potatoes and peas in 9x9 inch lightly oiled baking pan. Set aside.
- For crust, bring water and salt to rolling boil. Add in polenta slowly, stirring constantly. Turn heat down to medium; stir constantly till mix thickens and begins to pull away from sides of the pot, about 10 min.
- Spread polenta over potato and mushroom mix; bake about 15 min. Remove from oven; let sit 15 min before cutting.
- Makes 4-6 servings of about 1cup each. 5 grams of fat per serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 425g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 11||5%|
|Total Fat 1.31g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.18g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.64g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|