Cost per serving $7.72 view details
- 1 Â½ -2 lbs filet mignon, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 Â¼â. cubes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup. canola oil (for stir frying)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, preferably spring onions
- 3 stalks green onion, trimmed and cut to 1â lengths
- 1tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- For Stir-fry sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- Â¼ cup white granulated sugar
- Â¼ cup light soy sauce
- Â¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tsp cooking rice wine
- For Salt and pepper dipping sauce:
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Â¼ cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 bunch of watercress, washed
- Marinate meat 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1 tablespoon oil for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the stir-fry sauce by combining the white vinegar, sugar, soy and fish sauce. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Divide the meat into 2 portions, and do the same with the onion and green onion. Heat Â¼ cup of oil in wok or large sautÃ© pan on over maximum heat. (Donât overload the pan or the meat will not brown properly. You may need to divide the cooking into 3-4 batches dependant on your pan size and/or the strength of your cooking range.)
- When the oil begins to smoke, add the first batch of meat in one layer. Let a brown crust form and turn to brown the other side. Browning should take 3-4 minutes.
- Add red onion and scallions to the pan. Shake or stir ingredients in the pan for about 30 seconds.
- Add stir-fry sauce. Continue to shake or stir ingredients.
- Add butter and continue to cook and shake pan until butter melts. Remove from heat. Wash your pan and cook 2nd batch.
- Make lime dipping sauce. Mix together salt and pepper in a ramekin. Pour lime juice over salt pepper mixture.
- Serve beef over watercress. Serve with lime dipping sauce:
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 369g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 645||72%|
|Total Fat 72.3g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 20.33g||81%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 21.38g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|