Cost per recipe $1.50 view details
- 1/2 x Basic bread dough recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Virgin extra virgin olive oil, plus 4 Tablespoons
- 1 lb Broccoli, broken in 1" florets, stems sliced 1/4"
- Â Â Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lb Fresh ricotta
- 1/4 c. Bread crumbs
- Â Â Sea salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- NOTE: Prepare basic bread dough recipe using semolina flour
- Preheat oven and baking tile to 450 degrees.
- Split dough into 2 pcs, one slightly larger than the other, and roll out into 2 rounds about 12 inches in diameter, again one slightly larger than the other. Place larger sheet on paddle and spread with coarse sea salt.
- In a 12-to 14-inch saute/fry pan, heat 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add in broccoli and cook till softened and light brown, stirring constantly, about 10 to 12 min. Allow to cold and season with several gratings of fresh nutmeg.
- Smear the large sheet with 2 Tbsp. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with half the bread crumbs. Spread ricotta over the sheet and smear within 1-inch of the edge. Place broccoli pcs on top of ricotta and sprinkle with remaining extra virgin olive oil and then bread crumbs. Place smaller piece of dough on top and roll edges of bottom and top together to seal.
- Brush top with water and then oil and slide onto tile in oven and bake 20 to 25 min till golden. Remove from oven and let rest 5 min before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings
- NOTES : (I recommend buying a prepared tile baking stone for all pizza and breadworking at home. They are available at gourmet shops and specialty
- chef supply
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 794g|
|Calories from Fat 689||59%|
|Total Fat 77.16g||96%|
|Saturated Fat 34.23g||137%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.36g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|