Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 1 pkt soba noodles - (13 3/4 ounce)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar plus
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 c. pickled ginger finely minced
- 4 x scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. finely-minced cilantro
- 1/2 x cucumber peeled, diced
- 1 pkt lite silken tofu - (12 ounce) cut into cubes
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain well, place in large bowl and let cold.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, tahini, 1 Tbsp. water, sesame oil, sugar and minced ginger. Stir in scallions.
- Add in sauce and cilantro to noodles and toss to coat. Divide among 4 to 6 bowls. Garnish with diced cucumber and tofu cubes and serve warm.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Serve with steamed broccoli and fortune cookies for dessert.
- Description: "This deliciously different and quick-to-prepare dish features soba noodles, also called Japanese buckwheat noodles."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 19||33%|
|Total Fat 2.28g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.33g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.56g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|