A cold noodle salad with homemade peanut sauce. Great dish to bring to a summer potluck. Hearty enough to be an entree, but really just a salad. For those who can not go without meat, 4 oz. of cooked chicken can always be added.
- 8 oz. vermicelli (or pasta of your choice)
- 4 oz. snow peas
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Break pasta into 4 inch lengths and boil according to directions.
- Add snow peas to boiling water during the last 30 seconds.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Mix pasta, snow peas, green onions.
- Add dressing and toss until coated.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, add peanuts and toss.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, cilantro and more red pepper flakes if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 116g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 188||50%|
|Total Fat 21.38g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 2.78g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 36.15g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|