Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb halibut steak about 1" thick
- 1 lrg bell pepper any color - (to 2) cored and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp Oriental sesame oil
- 1 tsp chopped or possibly grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Seafood Alternatives: swordfish, shark, tuna, mahi-mahi Rinse the halibut in cool water and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the skin and bone and cut the halibut into 3/4- to 1-inch cubes. Cut the pepper into 3/4- to 1-inch squares. Thread the fish and pepper pcs alternately onto 4 large or possibly 8 medium skewers (double up pepper pcs if using 2 peppers). Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Brush the basting sauce generously over the skewers, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Arrange the skewers on a broiling pan or possibly a rimmed baking sheet. Broil the skewers 2 to 4 inches from the heat about 3 min. Turn the skewers over and broil till fish is just slightly translucent/soft in the center, about 1 minute more. (To test, cut into center of fish cubes on at least 2 or possibly 3 different skewers.)
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: A mound of warm steamed rice sprinkled with soy sauce or possibly seasoned rice vinegar rounds out this meal nicely.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 46g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||65%|
|Total Fat 3.58g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.51g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.95g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|