I was given a version of this recipe years ago, but it called for the use of commercial pasta sauce, which I don't usually care for. I have jars of homemade bolognese sauce that I prefer, but use whatever kind of sauce you like, and remember, this is supposed to be EASY on the cook. By using raw lasagne noodles, this comes together so quickly, your family and guests will be impressed, and you'll have time to visit and not stress out.
- 8 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh, cleaned, spinach leaves
- 12 raw lasagne noodles
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally spray and 9" X 15" pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cottage cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Assemble ingredients in the prepared pan in the following order:
- A bit of pasta sauce, enough to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- A layer of raw noodles
- One half of the remaining sauce.
- Cottage cheese mixture.
- Spinach leaves.
- Layer of raw noodles.
- The rest of the pasta sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with greased foil. Bake for 1 hour, then remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, to lightly brown top.
- Let stand 10 minutes or so before service.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 315g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||38%|
|Total Fat 14.74g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 5.93g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.22g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||22%|