Cost per recipe $0.84 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb Center-cut Ahi tuna
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper corns
- 1 tsp White pepper corns
- 2 tsp Fennel seed
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Dry lavender flowers
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. Savory greens and herbs
- Â Â (such as mache, arugula, chervil)
- Â Â Mustard Seed Dressing see * Note
- Trim and cut the tuna into a block, approximately 2 inches across (depending of the size of the original piece). Crush the salt, peppercorns, fennel seed and lavender with a mortar and pestle or possibly a rolling pin. Lightly oil the tuna pcs with 2 tsp. of the extra virgin olive oil and coat proportionately with the lavender-pepper mix, patting off the excess.
- Heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over high heat, and when it just begins to smoke, quickly sear the tuna on all sides. Do not overcook; the tuna should be rare inside. This won't take any more time than just to brown the outside of the fish. Immediately chill the tuna for 1 hour (but no more than 3). To serve, arrange the greens on chilled plates. Drizzle the Mustard Seed Dressing. Thinly slice the tuna and arrange on top of the dressed greens.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 64g|
|Calories from Fat 364||95%|
|Total Fat 41.17g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 5.63g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.67g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|