This is a print preview of "Seafood Stuffed Mushroom Caps" recipe.
Seafood Stuffed Mushroom Caps Recipe
You know that store bought Alfredo sauce? The crap that kind've reminds me of wallpaper paste? Well, I've finally found a great use for it.
This is a very simple recipe, with not too many ingredients in it, yet gets rave reviews time and time again.
|Prep time: 15 minutes
|Cook time: 15 minutes
Goes Well With: white wine, garlic bread, a light salad, good company
3/4 to 1 cup Alfredo sauce
1 to 1 1/2 cups Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses, blended
24 medium to large white mushrooms, stems popped out.
6 of the mushroom stems minced fine. (Save the remaining stems for another use, i.e., soup stock, gravy, etc).
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened.
1/2 cup cooked or canned shrimp or crab, or a combo of both.
1/2 tsp. lemon juice.
seasoned salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour Alfredo sauce into bottom of a baking pan or casserole, large enough to hold the mushroom caps, without them being too spread out.
- Combine the lower 6 ingredients, mixing with hands to blend well.
- Form into 1 inch balls and set these into mushroom caps.
- Place filled mushroom caps into the Alfredo sauce-coated pan.
- Cover all generously with cheese blend.
- Pop these into the hot oven and bake 12 - 15 minutes, or until they're done to your liking. The cheese should be melted and golden.