A slow cooker or a Dutch Oven specialty.
Great for a larger party! Cook time is Appx. 3-4 hrs.
Prep time: 30-40 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 hrs minutes
Cost per serving $20.27 view details
- In a Iron Pot I have of 6 qt size. Or Slow Cooker of 6 qt. I use 2 of these or a 12 qt Stock pot.
- 1. 3 large Onions ( quartered)
- 2. 3 lbs Cooked or fresh Tomatoes- this will vary cooking time.
- 3. 1-3 Bay Leaves.
- 4. 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 5. 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- 6. 1-2 Tablespoons Cayenne ( or more!)( hot pepper flakes)
- 7. 1- 8oz. Bamboo Shoots ( Fresh is available to steam)
- 8. 1 8-10 oz can of Water Chestnut slices ( these last 2 for texture of Crunch.)
- 9. 2#'s each of 2-3 kinds of shrimp / prawns to saute in Garlic and oil with a good pinch of Cayenne.
- 10. Mussels and clams to about 3#'s to add in last 10 minutes.
- 11. 16 oz can of Clam Juice.
- 12. Cilantro to taste
- 13. Add Bean Sprouts to mixture at the last 15-20 minutes.
- .14, 3-5 cloves of mid heat Garlic, crushed. Salt and Pepper to taste; start with 2 Tablespoon Salt, 2-3 Tablespoons Black Pepper.
- Simmer all liquids and Tomatoes till a thin sauce is formed. Add Vegetable items desired for this at this stage.
- Add all seafood's at the last 15 minutes.
- Cook the fish to be added in last 10 minutes.
- This dish sold well with 26 of my former neighbors.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 2256g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 212||4%|
|Total Fat 25.29g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 3.75g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1065.8g||284%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|