This is very similar to what is at a popular Cajun restaurant in the South. I have changed it slightly but it is still very much like the original. Great for parties!!
- MAIN INGREDIENTS
- 10 peeled and deveined medium size shrimp
- 10 oysters
- 4 cups of spinich
- 12 - 14 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz. of lump crab meat
- 5 oz. of shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 3 oz. of shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 oz. of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbl. of butter
- 5 tbl. of flour
- 1/3 of onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 1/2 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of whipping cream
- Make the sauce first!!
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; whisk in flour and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender. Slowly stir in water and wine; whisk until smooth. Add cayenne and salt; simmer 10 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings (available in most supermarkets).
- Melt butter in hot saute pan, and saute shrimp and oysters, about 2 minutes per side. Add spinach, mushrooms, crab and (optional) green onion.
- Saute until mushrooms and spinach soften.
- Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Pour into heatproof dish; top with grated cheeses. Place under a broiler until cheese melts. Use garlic bread or crackers as dippers.
- Makes 10 servings
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2358g|
|Calories from Fat 2029||64%|
|Total Fat 229.47g||287%|
|Saturated Fat 140.75g||563%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 80.16g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|