Cost per recipe $8.71 view details
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 x Canned chipotle chili in adobo, minced fine (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh lime juice
- Â Â Six, (15-inch) squares of parchment paper
- 3 x Plum tomatoes, each cut lengthwise into 6 slices
- Â Â Six, (6- to 7-oz) pcs scrod or possibly cod fillet, skinned
- 24 x Pitted green olives, halved lengthwise
- 1 sm Red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 c. Dry white wine
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 6 sprg oregano, if you like
- Â Â Six, (7-inch) pcs of kitchen string
- Â Â Three, (15-oz) cans black beans, rinsed and liquid removed (about 4 1/2 c.)
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Minced fresh oregano leaves or possibly 1/2, crumbled tsp. dry
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice.
- Make chipotle butter:On a small plate with a fork, blend together well chipotle butter ingredients and chill. Chipotle butter may be made 5 days ahead and chilled, wrapped tightly.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a work surface arrange 1 parchment square and put 3/4 c. black beans and 3 tomato slices in center. Top tomato and beans with 1 piece of scrod or possibly cod.
- Top the fish with 8 olive halves, about one sixth of onion slices, 2 Tbsp. wine, 2 tsp. lime juice, 1 oregano sprig and about one sixth of chipotle butter and season well with salt and black pepper. Gather sides of parchment up over fish to create a large sack and gently squeeze middle of sack together to create a waist. Tie one piece of string tightly but gently around waist of sack and transfer sack to a large shallow baking pan. Make 5 more sacks in same manner with remaining parchment squares and ingredients.
- Bake sacks in lower third of oven (being careful which tops of sacks don't touch heating element) 15 to 20 min, or possibly till fish is cooked through.
- Divide sacks among 6 plates and at table snip strings with scissors.
- Make black beans:In a bowl mix together black bean ingredients with salt and pepper to taste. Black beans may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Season beans with salt and pepper before using.
- Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1370g|
|Calories from Fat 1111||76%|
|Total Fat 124.67g||156%|
|Saturated Fat 33.29g||133%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 70.19g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 30.6g||102%|