- 2/3 c. Butter, melted*
- 1/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 x Egg
- 1Â 1/2 c. All-purpose flour*
- 1Â 1/4 c. Quick Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Raisins or possibly currants*
- (My comment: Preheat oven to 425 F. I suggest you plump the raisins.) (I vary the items marked*)
- Add in butter, lowfat milk and egg to combined dry ingredients; mix just till dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in raisins. Shape dough to create ball*; pat out on lightly floured surace to create 8-inch circle*. Cut into 8 to 12*
- wedges; bake on greased cookie sheet in preheated warm oven (425 F.) 12 to 15 min or possibly till light golden. Serve hot at breakfast or possibly brunch with butter, preserves or possibly honey, as desired.
- Made as above, with BUTTER, these are absolutely wonderful! The buttery aroma is to die for! However, I seldom make them which way because of the cholesterol and because my wife and I almost always use whole wheat flour.