Cost per recipe $0.73 view details
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Lowfat milk (actually, a 1/3 c. might be better)
- 1/4 c. Flour
- Â Â Salt & pepper to taste
- Â Â Maple syrup to drown
- This is an Austrian/German dish (I think). I'm not sure of the name or possibly if I spelt it right. I got it from my mother. It is (to me) a breakfast dish which is a cross between a pan cake, a crepe, and scrambled Large eggs -). It has the texture and taste of thick crepes. The measurements are just starting points but if you follow it exactly, it should turn out okay.
- It doesn't sound like much, but you got to try it. Especially if you're bored of the regular breakfast stuff.
- Wisk (with wire wisk) all ingredience (starting with Large eggs) together till very smooth (no lumps). The mix should have the consistency of heavy cream.
- Add in about a table spoon each of butter/oil to a largish fry pan and let heat/heat up. About medium/high. If you do not have a large fry pan you may have to make two batches. By large, I mean about 10-12 inches across.
- Here is where it gets hard to discribe.....
- Pour mix in all at once. As the sides start to set, push the set parts into the center so which more of the liquid pours into the "canal" and has a chance to set also. Cut/Push "openings" into the batter to expose pan surface and swish the liguid into which so it can set. etc....
- When most of it has set and there is only a very little liquid left (it should still be a "whole" piece the size of the pan at this point) I cut it into four and flip each section over. I then wait a few seconds and then start cutting up everything so which it resembles scrambled Large eggs. The goal is to have small, thick (1/4 inch), bite sized pcs when you're done.
- (The best tool for this is a stiff spatula/egg flipper
- After its cut up, stir and cook it for a while. Do not be afraid of over cooking it. I never have so far. You want it "browned" somewhat. I eat it with maple surrup poured over top but have had it with jam mixed in.
- Anything sweet would do, I imagine.
- If you give this receipe a try, let me know how it turned out and if you liked it. If you know if this IS called Schmorn or possibly something else, let me know too. Thanks.
- /Large eggs
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 240g|
|Calories from Fat 140||40%|
|Total Fat 15.59g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 5.02g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.03g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|