This is my standard egg dish that I make with a variety of seasonal vegetables and herbs. I use whatever I have in my garden or my refrigerator. Every variation is delicious in it's own way. This is so easy to make and always gets rave reviews.
- 8 eggs
- 2 roma or other tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh torn basil or cilantro or oregano
- 1 avocado (if you have it)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves (if you have them)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes into 1/4 inch pieces. If you have an avocado, cut it into similar sized pieces.
- Crack the eggs and drop the egg whites into a medium bowl. I usually leave one yolk for color. Beat with a fork or whisk.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium high and add the olive oil and tomatoes. After cooking for two minutes, stirring occasionally, add the garlic and spinach leaves if you have them. After 1 minute, add the eggs.
- Stir the eggs every 30 seconds or so. After 1 minutes, add the chopped herbs (whichever you have chosen) and the chopped avocado if you have it.
- Sprinkle with Kosher or Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with whole wheat or sour dough toast, fruit, etc.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 246g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 284||72%|
|Total Fat 31.63g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 7.46g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.45g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|