Cost per serving $1.54 view details
- 1 lb large sea scallops, thawed, if frozen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- chicken stock
- quick cook whole wheat couscous
- lemon zest from one medium lemon
- pinch saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 oz green beans cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 oz. frozen peas, thawed
- Halve the scallops crosswise. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium hi heat. Brown scallops until caramelized about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove to plate and cover with foil.
- Pour off fat from pan. Deglaze pan with dry sherry.
- Add chicken stock. Amount will be determined by the directions on the couscous box. Use equal amounts of stock to couscous.
- Add saffron, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring stock to boil. Add couscous. Remove from heat and cover pan. After about 5 minutes fluff couscous. Add lemon zest, green beans and peas. Heat through. Just before serving add scallops back to pan along with any juices on plate. Be careful not to over cook scallops as they will become tough.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 86g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||37%|
|Total Fat 5.2g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.61g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|