Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 8 c. finely-sliced savoy cabbage (abt 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1/2 c. minced fresh basil
- 1/2 c. low-fat (2%) buttermilk
- 1/2 c. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. grated onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1Â 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- Â Â (or possibly 1/2 tspn dry thyme)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Combine cabbage and basil in large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, grated onion, lemon juice, lemon peel and thyme in small bowl to blend. Add in dressing to cabbage mix; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hrs ahead. Cover; chill.)
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: For a nice variation, try making this one with Napa cabbage.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 78g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 103||85%|
|Total Fat 11.69g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.62g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.15g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|