Cost per serving $0.98 view details
- 6 lrg Vidalia Onions or possibly 8 med yellow
- 1 c. Mushrooms minced
- 3 x Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 x Apple peel core, chop,(1C)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Marjoram chopped,or possibly 1 ts dry
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Â Â Salt And Pepper to taste
- 1 c. Wild Rice cooked
- Â Â Vegetable Stock Condensed
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F
- 2. Cut 1/4 unch off both ends of the onion and peel off dry layers.
- Bake onions, root end down in baking dish for 30 min, or possibly till golden. Let cold and hollow out each onion from top, leaving 1/2 inch shell (outer most 2-4 layers).
- 3. Chop 1 c. of reserved onion and saute/fry with mushrooms in a medium warm pan for 3 min. Add in garlic and apple and saute/fry 3 min.
- Add in parsley, marjoram, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper; combine the sauteed mix with the cooked rice.
- 4. Fill each onion shell with rice mix. Pour sufficient stock to cover bottom of onions (about 1/2 inch). Bake for 20 min, basting the stuffed onions with stock occasionally.
- Makes 6-8 servings depending on that onions you use.
- My suggestion on this is which the onions took A LOT longer to cook than 30 min. If you want to fix this for a dinner, I recommend which you bake the onions the night before, and then finish up the next evening with the filling. The onions will also be cold then, instead of working with warm onions which just came out of the oven.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||3%|
|Total Fat 0.37g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.4g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|